- Monday we had our little Halloween fest! It went super good and we had a great time
- Tuesday we did some splits with the other Gubbängen elders. I was with Elder Gergertz. He is a greenie and has only been out for about a month. We worked super hard and had a good day full of finding ;)
- We also got some transfer calls this week! (dets to follow :P)
- We went to a baptism that the APs had. It was for a guy named Ken from China. Elder Rasmussen did the baptism and I was happy to see him be able to baptize someone just before he goes home!
- Ludwig came to church Sunday! Archibald asked him if he has been reading The Book of Mormon and he said "Yeah and while I read it, I feel really good and I know that is the Holy Ghost telling me it is true." Then a member asked him how he liked church... "Yeah it just feels so good to be here and I know that is the Holy Ghost telling me that this church is true." Ludwig is so prepared!! He is only 16 and his parents are atheist so that could be a problem... but they are neither for or against the church. We met his dad and he was very nice so hopefully it ends up well!
- Well I can't believe it has already been another six weeks here in Gubbängen... Elder Archibald will being going to the office and replacing Elder Rasmussen as the AP. I will be getting Elder Peterson!!! He was in the MTC with me and I have never seen him in Sweden and now we are going to be comps!!!
Alright I have two funny stories :P
Isaac and Elizabeth will get a kick out of this one ;)
1- So we had a dinner at the Seguras (they are from Chile). I know like 5 phrases in spanish and so like during the dinner I used a spanish phrase when ever I could. After the meal it gets quiet and I turn to brother Segura and said "gracias por el caballo" everyone started laughing and then Vanessa (a member) said "you said thanks for the horse! hahahahah" ....... the word is comida not caballo... thanks for nothing mr. webber....
2- We have this funny investigator named Erik who works for some nature company. So like one of his job risks is being eaten by a bear. You wanna know how he got the job? The other dude working before him was eaten by a bear.... they keep a sign in the office for the number of days no one has been eaten by a bear.... they have gone 57 days.. hahaha
Well I have been thinking a lot about the work here in Sweden. There are not a ton of people who believe in God and are not willing to try and find out if He exists. They won't even put it to the the test. So if anyone out there within reach of wifi is seeing this and is unsure if God is there or if He loves you, I would recommend doing what the prophet Alma did to get his testimony. Listen here:
45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.
Through fasting and prayer you too can feel the love of God. I know that this works. I have seen it happen in people and I have experienced it for myself.
It is so important that we continue to strengthen our testimonies our whole lives. Conversion never stops. Continue to do the simple things (pray,fast, read your scriptures, go to church) consistantley over the course of your entire life and you will find yourself in good hands.
Thanks for the love and support. Y'all are fantastic!!! I wanna give a S/O to my father for giving absolutely fabulous talk in stake conference. I honestly don't know why I have been blessed with such amazing parents and family.
Have a good week y'all!!!!
puss o kram grabbar