We had three Zone Conferences this week and they all went well. President trained on finding energy in Christ, we talked about how to build member relationships and also learning Swedish. Sister Beckstrand wrapped it up with creating a personal relationship with Christ and families. It went super well. I find it funny how we have the same things planned for these trainings but it is different every time we give it. The Beckstrand's are so lead by the spirit, it is amazing to work with them!
On Tuesday we were in the Väster Haninge chapel with the Stockholm and Norrland Zones. Wednesday we had the Södertälje and Stockholm South Zones. And then Thursday we drove down to Göteborg and had the Malmö and Göteborg Zones.
Elder Archibald, Featherstone, Isrealsen, Sister Bateman along with others gave their dying testimonies... It is so crazy to think that they are leaving their missions soon! I need you all!!
So here is a crazy story. We stayed the night at a hotel in Göteborg Thursday night. We woke up and went to get into our car only to find that the back window had been smashed in. We had been robbed. The only thing they took was Elder Archibald's side bag which contained his scriptures from when he was 8 years old and his good-bye book from all of his mission friends... it was really sad and it made me feel terrible! How sad is that?
Because of that, our conference in Göteborg was about an hour late and then we had to drive 6 hours with a tarp over our back window back to Stockholm. I felt super bad for Archibald...
Funny quote of the week "Man they really don't have many options of toppings for the crepes at this hotel.... our lives are so hard..." -Elder Kendall
On Friday after the conference we drove home to Stockholm. Saturday we woke up and got invited to the Clouse's (their apartment is under ours) for breakfast! Oh and it was my birthday!! 20!? what!? Yeah so that happened... And then we had a lesson with Jasmine to do some family history. We printed off some names and are going to the temple on Tuesday! Then we went to a baptism here in Täby :) It was a super good day!
The best part of having a b-day on the mish is seeing all your little missionary friends trying to make it special. Ashley Faldmo (S/O) said that to me once and it stuck!! haha #Hemmingmos
We had a special Easter program on Sunday and went to a members for dinner! Today we went to the Vasa with the Clouse's and then played some soccer! The Vasa is an old battleship from Sweden. On it's first voyage it made it.... 1200 meters.... yep it sunk before the first mile... it never fired one shot or saw one enemy ship... it was a failure... classic Sweden....
Well in honor of my birthday I thought I would wipe out some old confessions from my past life like last year! You ready mom!?!? No Kate and Ellie can't go on telling all my sins to mom after this ok??
- Sorry mom but I really actually don't like Taco soup..... or Hawaiian pizza... awk
- So one time in Physics class, Keime and I were making a simple engine. We thought it would be a good idea to but 12 batteries on it instead of 1 and 30 magnets instead of 4. Long story short the engine was going super, super fast and then it burst into flames..... I can't remember how we put it out but we saved the day :)
- in 7th grade I signed up for the play in order to skip wrestling practice... but I got to scared to go to try-outs so I stayed in wrestling....
- I got sent to Mr. Halversen's office twice in middle school. One time for tackling Cody Sexton and the other for throwing a milk carton across the cafeteria... the milk was open... hahaha
- Last but not least I might have been the one who broke Elizabeth's shower a few years ago... I tried to but beef broth in the showerhead and I think I just clogged it.... sorry :P
Hahhaa hope you all have a good week!! Love you all to death!!!
I am so grateful to be able to serve in this amazing country with these amazing missionaries and the Beckstrands. I feel at home here!
hej hej :)