- Hem- "Wow, is that a plane?? How close do you think think that plane is??
Christley- "uhh like I don't really know... maybe 5000 feet?"
Hem- "nahh I'd say about 14 months is all... "
- Christley- "Wow... Like we already lost our keys to the apartment and church, now the phone is out of data......"
Hem- "..... Our pets heads are falling off!"
- We had sports night on Friday and Lyle told us that he broke his thumb last week playing volleyball but like that doesn't stop this nail eating beast!! #playon!
-There is a girl in the branch here named Lina, she is the exact copy of Kate Hemmingsen. I hang out with Lina at church a lot hahaha
- We got fed four times this week! ahh!! (be quiet missionaries in America...)
- So this week we got contacted by this Swedish dude who is named Max. He was friends with missionaries in Västerås and I have heard some crazy stories about him! No one knew what happened to him and now we found fine Max!
Well this has been a busy week!! We have been able to find a few new people who would like to listen to our message. And I would say the most positive sound ones out of the bunch are even Swedes so that is even better!
The best part had to be when we went to the Stockholm Temple on Saturday. The temple is actually 30 kilometers south of Stockholm in a town called Västerhaninga. It is kinda fixed in the middle of the woods. It is sooo pretty. The trees were all so green and the whole place just smells like flowers! The reason we went to the temple was to take a new convert named Nina. Nina got baptized a month a ago and she had prepared some names of her family to take to the temple. It was such an amazing experience. They asked me if I could help them do some of the temple work and I was so excited! The temple is the best!! There is no other place on earth where man can feel closer to God or Christ. The Temple is the Lords house!!
A scripture that has stuck out to me a lot this week comes from Mosiah 2 and it is verse 9.
"My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view."
In this scripture King Benjamin is addressing his people. King Benjamin is one of the most humble kings ever and the words of a humble man are mint. He says that we need to open our ears to hear but it is our hearts that do the understanding. Knowledge of truth can not be understood with a carnal mind because it is of spiritual worth. Locks to spiritual doors need a spiritual key to open them. Listen with your ears but ponder within your heart!!
I love you dudes!! have a fabulous week! Don't forget to brush your teeth!!
S/O to Missy Hughes and the gang for hittin me up with some good ol' Palmer's candy and Jolly Time popcorn!! The best!! Thanks studs!!