So I will start off by saying that I have never been so tired in my life.... I wish I could be back home and do suicides for Kleis; that way I could actually have some energy at the end of the day! #JKcoach!
Hahaha well the mission life is great and we have been very busy this week! We had something like 18 lessons last week and have like 11-13 already planned for this week but we'll see if anyone blåsts oss (ditches us). We really only have Su who is actually progressing, everyone else just kinda brushes us off when we try to set something up. Su has been taught the Joseph Smith story, Plan of Salvation, The Book of Mormon, Word of Wisdom ( which is we don't drink alcohol, smoke, use tobacco etc. , and prayer. He has a hard time with The Plan of Salvation and asks tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of deep questions but we do are best to answer them and now it is up to the Lord! The sisters are all leaving Malmö and have left us like 6 investigators.... muhhahahaha and one has a dopdatum! sooooo yeahhhh but we'll see, whenever I get my hopes up, reality slaps me in the face and our plans fall through... but we must press on!
So that's that.
So we also went on splits this week and I went north to Lund (most beautiful city I have ever seen). I was with the District leader Äldste Schindler and it was good! We talked to 70 people and taught 6 lessons. Met some of God's "wonderful" barn (kids) also haha but it was good. I do have a couple of funny stories from splits so that is what I am trying to lead up to here hehehe :)
1. Sooooo I hit my first *whoops* in the Swedish this week... Yeah so omvända means repent and använda mean use. So I was at a less active member home this week and I said "Kan jag omvända toaletten?" So instead of asking if I could use the bathroom.... I asked if I could repent in the bathroom.... good job Hemmingsen...
2. Oh and Aldste Rasmussen and I were talking to some dude on the street and after our chat I said "Det bra att träffade med du!" which I thought meant it was good to meet you! But I guess whenever you say "träffade med du!" which directly translates to "meet with you" buuuuuut it actually means date.... so I told that 60 year old black man it was nice to date him.... oops..
3. When we got back to Malmö, Schindler and I were talking with this 20 year old kid that was the man. He was just traveling around the world (seriously) by himself... I know that is Elizabeth and my dads' dream! Anywayyyyyy he was talking about how he loves that all the cities in Europe keep a rich history of the city by preserving all the old buildings and having old stuff like that.... Sooooo then I was like "Yeah, back in the states we just kinda tear everything down and build new stuff..." and then Schindler is like "We have the Book of Mormon, that tells about our history" hahahaahha like I mean I guess? but I don't think that was what he was sayoig and now Jure from Solvania thinks that the Book of Mormon is a history book taught to little children in America during school.... smooth Schindler...
I have also recieved my Swedish Residence card and means that am offically a res of Sverige! We took the pics for them right after we got off the plane and I was sooooo tired and it looks like I do drugs..... oh well.... means I just fit in with the rest of Sweden ;)
Ok now for the "SwEdIsH cUlTuRe Of ThE wEeK" woot woot!
1. One thing I love about Sweden is that everyone cares about keeping their city clean. There rarely is trash on the ground and all of the parks and things are so well kept. There is also a soccer field about every 45 meters haha so that is cool too!
2. Also something that is bad about Sweden is the Sociaistic government. There are no such thing as homeless Swedes. If you are a resident of Sweden and don't want a job, the gov. will give you an apartment and you can just chill in there. The bad thing is that it can lead to a lazy population but I feel like the general population still works hard. If 'Merica had this gov, we would become cavemen hahaha.
But the interesting part about that is;
If you do see a homeless person asking for money, they will look Romanian and that is because some drug dealer in Romania hires homeless people there to go to Sweden and ask for money. So if you do give a homeless person money, you're basically paying a drug lord.... sooo keep your Krona and don't support drugs... just a thought
Well yeah that is all I have for this week!! Love you all! Keep up the pics/emails/letters/postcards/smokesignals you name it! I love it! I haven't bought any stamps yet but I promise I will write a letter back if you write me one! But it might take sometime haha! I love you all! See ya soon!